Friday 7 December 2018 – Sunday 5 May 2019
Horns, spikes, quills and feathers. The secret is in the skin! Journey back millions of years to a time when fearsome beasts stalked the earth!
This summer, the Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery (TMAG) galleries will be transformed into an amazing new exhibition exploring the ancient world of the dinosaurs and their descendants with animatronics, 3D models and fossil casts visitors can touch.
This all-ages exhibition explores the science behind recent fossil finds, providing an insight into the true, bizarre and complex nature of the evolution of dinosauria. Prepare to meet armoured giants, clawed enigmas and that old favourite, the Tyrannosaurus rex and learn more about the evolutionary link between one group of dinosaurs and modern birds.
Things to see and do:
• Once you’ve purchased your tickets, download the OpenAccess Tours and Uist Augmented Reality (AR) apps on your phone. See a dinosaur come to life with Uist and hear the dinosaurs’ secrets to survival with OpenAccess Tours
• Expect lots of dinosaur skeletons and bones, and dazzling artworks!
• Run your hands over the fossil casts that have an ‘ok to touch’ sign next to them.
• Enjoy triggering four animatronic dinosaurs by walking near them. Hear them roar and watch them move. They’re cheeky and will talk back, but they won’t bite
• Take time out in the kids’ Discovery Space, and know that when you buy a ticket it is a day pass, so pop in and out at any time on the day you visit.
• Have fun in the dinosaur dress up area and don’t forget to tag your pics #dinosaurrevolution #tmag
• Once you have finished in Dinosaur rEvolution: Secrets of Survival take a trip to the Earth and Life Gallery to learn more about Tasmanian dinosaur connections, and enjoy the rest that the Museum has to offer.
Get tickets and find out more here.
*Images and video courtesy of TMAG.
Leave a Reply.
Your launch pad for exploring Tasmania like a local.